That was an error on my side. I hadn't changed the path for the help files yet. By the way, the installer offered no installation options. We used to be able to choose from different kinds of installation.

Aaron Sherber wrote:
At 10:27 AM 7/7/2007, Barbara Touburg wrote:
 >If I click Help > User Manual > Table of concents, Finale opens a
 >certain browser (NOT of MY choice), which reports: cannot find server.
 >Is that stupid or is that stupid?

It's true that when the help is opened from within Finale, it will always use IE on Win, or Safari on Mac.

However, the steps you listed above do not produce an error for me. I'm on XP SP2 with IE6. If you're having difficulties, you should submit a bug report.

Aaron.