Thanks Aaron for your enlightenments.
About the time signature, it's working for 2/4. But I forgot something in my last mail : I want the time sig 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4 to display as 2, 3, 4, 5 verticaly adjust on the bottom of the staff, like the other time sig set in document option / time sig?
Pierre.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Sherber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>; <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Finale] Composite time signature

You mean you want the time sig to really be 2/4, but you want it to display just as a centered 2 on the staff? I can think of a couple of different ways:

1. Set the time sig to 2/4, but set it to display as 2/2, abbreviated to the cut time symbol. In Document Options | Time Signatures, near the top where it says "Abbreviate Cut Time to", select the numeral 2 instead of the usual cut time symbol.

2. Set the time sig to 2/4, but set it to display as 2/2, *not* abbreviated. In Document Options | Time Signatures, set your units to Spaces, then enter -1 for the Top Symbol displacement and 1 for the Bottom Symbol displacement. This will put the two 2's on top of each other in the middle of the staff.

Aaron.