Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
On 7/18/07, Raymond Horton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm with David.  If the Sibelius guy is trying to show that Sibelius can
do it as well, then he should have done the whole page, and made it look
as good.  But he didn't.  Not really close.

It's a partial job, with excuses made afterward. Not what I want from my notation program.

Oh please. What a bean counter. The person that provided the Sibelius
exampl did this completely on a whim to show what the program could
do; and as a personal favor for me. Someone suggested Sibelius
couldn't touch modern music. The example was done very quickly while
the person was at work. The composer of the music in question was
pretty wowed by what was done and was pretty appreciative.

Despite my focus on early music, I know quite several modern composers
that work with Sibelius and do great things with it. The sun doesn't
rise or set on Finale ya know.

Kim

If that makes me a bean counter, fine, but I stand by my statement.

I'm not a Finale chauvinist. I've used Finale user since 1997, but I've been frustrated lately - I bought 2007 and had to go back to 2006 because of the postage stamp printing bug no one else seems to have experienced until recently. So I sometimes have wondered about crossing over to the Finnish side.

Even the curved staff, the one feature the Sibelius guest was offering, didn't line up very well.

Is the primitive look of that example typical for the program? If I were to send up a Finale page to Sibelius users as an answer to some Sibelius feature, I would make the whole page look decent before releasing it, for goodness sake.

So shoot me, or whatever is done to bean counters.

RBH