On Jul 29, 2007, at 12:55 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

On 29 Jul 2007 at 9:29, Christopher Smith wrote:

The largest choral parts I have
ever seen are 8.5 x 11

Commercially printed choral music is always octavo size, which is, of
course, smaller than 8.5 x 11.

Yes, I had said folio in my post (not quoted completely above), but I meant octavo, which is not the same thing.

But some publishers ARE printing 8.5 X 11 parts for some large works, flying in the face of tradition, and many non-published arrangers and composers print choral parts in 8.5 x 11 sizes, which was more my point. 9.5 X 12.5 is practically unheard-of in the choral world.

Christopher