In the better-late-than never department, thanks, Dalvin Boone, for straightening me out on printing 2 up on 11 x 17.

I see that my confusion was in not wanting to define the initial page setup as 11x17, only the printer setup. I was thinking that since I was printing 2 letter sized pages onto 1 large page, the page definition should be letter, and the printer should print two of them. Somehow I didn't run into this confusion with the old printer drivers, but that is the way things are. ("Why, back in my day, by cracky ...")

Thanks again.

(P. S. Any relation to Daniel Boone? I have some relation on my mother's side to Rebecca Bryan Boone.)

Raymond Bryan Horton
(an old Kentucky boy)

Dalvin Boone wrote:
Raymond Horton wrote:
Subject: Re: [Finale] printer frustration - Ricoh AP2610

Speaking of printer frustration, I'm having trouble with my Ricoh AP2610. I'm running WinFin 2006c on a Vista system. I can't get it to print letter size Finale files two-up on 11 x 17 paper with the newest driver. The old-old driver was easy to figure out, the next driver was confusing, and now with the latest driver I can't find any way in the world to get it to print correctly. Before I upped to Vista, I tried to revert to the driver that worked, and that started a sequence of problems. I think I need the newest driver for a few reasons. Anyone else printing etter size Finale files two-up on 11 x 17 paper on Vista on this printer? Anything you can tell me?

I'm printing letter-size pages 2-up on 11 X 17 paper on a Ricoh AP600N in Win XP. I'm not sure how similar this is to your situation, but here is my combination of choices in the various dialogue boxes:

Page Setup:  11 X 17; whatever tray; landscape.

Print:  all (or a range); left & right; 2-up; page range (e.g. 4,1).

Print Setup:  11 X 17; whatever tray; landscape.

Properties:  landscape; front-back; pages per sheet 1 (one).

The last choice, one page per sheet, does not seem logical to me at first, but after it works it seems perfectly logical.

Dalvin Boone