Brian Williams wrote:
Hello List,

I was almost done working on an orchestral film music cue file in Finale
2006 when the program crashed. I immediately double-clicked on the file icon
and after Finale had re-launched all my data was saved - except for the last
five minutes of work, so I immediately resaved the file. However, by
double-clicking on the icon instead of launching the program first, I
inadvertently opened the file in Finale 2007 instead of 2006. The composer
I'm working for only has Finale 2006 on his computer. I made no changes in
the score that would involve 2007 file structures.

What's the easiest way for me to convert this one-off saved score file back
into 2006 so the composer can open and work with it?

There are only 2 ways to get a Fin2007 file into Fin2006 -- 1) export as a midi file and open the midi file in Fin2006; or 2) export from Fin2007 as MusicXML and import that file into Fin2006. Neither of which is totally painless, but the MusicXML method is much more complete than the MIDI file route.

--
David H. Bailey