FinMac 2K4,  Mac OS 10.3.9

This has been  happening  to me daily for a while:

I leave Finale open w.o doing anything for a while. When I return to the computer I find that the whole thing has hung. Or rather, it is almost hung: the pointer is stuck to something I didn't stick it to. When I press opt-cmd-esc, the force quit window offers me the opportunity to relaunch. If I do this, the problem is not solved, but the pointer is unstuck and the computer is well and truly hung, ignoring all clicks and most commands. The only way I can get things back to normal is to completely reboot (ctrl-cmd-eject).

What does anybody think is going on here, and what can I do about it?

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/