A-NO-NE Music wrote:
Stephen Ellis / 2007/08/26 / 01:12 AM wrote:

Is there a third-party software that will actually allow you to scan music and use it in Finale? Sees like I heard about one some time ago for Windows (but not for Macs). Any thoughts?

A few years ago, I scanned my own music as TIF then brought it to FinMac
natively without 3rd party app.  Has this been changed?

Well, the module of FinMac which imported it was what many people think of as "music scanning software" -- it's a separate module which interprets the TIF data and converts it into Finale notation data.

It's SmartScore Lite which does the interpreting of the TIF data and can control the scanner to get the music scanned to a TIF.

The full version of SmartScore supposedly does a better job than the Lite version which comes as part of Finale.

--
David H. Bailey