Hi Christopher,

On Aug 30, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

When you say "strange articulation symbols" in your original message, do you mean that they are NOT from the Articulations font at all, or that they ARE from the Articulations font, but just the wrong characters?

They are not from the articulations font.

I have an inkling that it is the former that you are seeing.

All you have to do is run Data Check>Compare Document Fonts Against System Fonts and make sure you replace the greyed out Articulations font (that you removed) with the one that you installed. Probably the font that Nick sent you doesn't look to Finale like it is exactly the same font that you created the document with, even though it appears to have the same name, and so Finale thinks that the font doesn't exist and substitutes Courier.

I haven't tried this - I must say it does scare me a little, but I will try it.

I think Swap Fonts will accomplish the same thing, too.

If you discover that you ABSOLUTELY need to have both the old and new Articulations fonts, then maybe renaming the new one to ArticulationsB will solve it, as it will peacefully coexist with the original one and you can choose it for the new glyph whenever you need it.

That sounds eminently sensible.

I'll try the check fonts thing.

Thanks,

Chuck

Though maybe that won't work, as fonts are a mystical and dark subject, with many things that do not work as expected...

Christopher