I have been using Patterson beams for many years now but in finmac2007 they don't seem to work so well. I should like to know if I am alone on this or have others found similar problems.

Firstly, I have to display the score in concert pitch first and then apply PB, otherwise the result is very eratic with some beams almost touching the noteheads. Also some staves; percussion maps and staves with two notes on one stem (e.g. a Tpt 1/2 entered on one stave to use linked part voicing splits) appear with overly long stems on some notes (in doubled parts) or extremely short stems (perc mapped staves).

Another annoyance is that after applying PB the beams are reduced to a length that causes the beam to collide with accidentals, this is prolific in running passages. Anyone else experience this or have I got them set up incorrectly, I changed nothing in the prefs from previous versons when it worked fine.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan