Jim, I should have been more clear. I'm attempting to create MM rests in extracted parts when the Create MM Rests command didn't do the job in extraction. I've discovered that when the rests aren't properly created during extraction there is probably some old expression that didn't get cleared. When I select the mm. and run Clear Items I am then able to go back and rectify the MM rests. It's always something! Thanks for your input. Help is always appreciated.
Bruce Clausen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Williams, Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 4:32 AM
Subject: RE: [Finale] Creating Multimeasure Rests

Bruce~
What isn't clear to me is why you have to create the mm rests for parts in the first place. It should be done as a default. Are you overriding what's being done, or is nothing being done?

If you go to FILE>EXTRACT PARTS>MULTIMEASURE RESTS, what is(n't) checked??

There may be some symbol that has extracted that breaks the mm rest, but hard to say without seeing.