On Sep 17, 2007, at 6:17 PM, ThomaStudios wrote:

I'm working in a Fin2K7 Mac file that I've been working with for several months. It was created in 2K7. I've had this problem before and can't remember how I've gotten around it: working in the score, I have a measure that steadfastly refuses to allow me to change the time signature. It's 3/2 now and every time I change it, it STAYS 3/2, no change.

Anyone come across this and come up with a solution/workaround?

Yes, I have seen this. It appears to be garden-variety file corruption, of which we are seeing a lot more since 2007.

Sometimes I can change the three measures surrounding the problem measure, then change the one before back again. Sometimes the right- click doesn't work and I have to go to the menu; other times the menu doesn't work and the right-click is the only thing that works.

File Maintenance is supposed to diagnose these problems, but on my system it never works, nor does Check Fonts.

If the worst happens, I can copy the contents to a fresh document and usually the problem does not copy along with the contents. I always miss some things, though, and have to go back and put in some things like double bars. Staff Styles seem to copy inconsistently, too.

Christopher