Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
Does anybody have an answer to this? I'm still drawing a blank...

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote, on 9/17/2007 9:59 PM:
This must be easy. A colleague also uses Finale Speedy entry, but with a Midi keyboard. I don't, so can't answer this. It sounds familiar, but neither of us can find it in the manual.

For some reason, he'll be entering notes one at a time, and the cursor will stop advancing and it will enter the notes at the same position, as if he were entering a chord. If he exits and re-enters the Speedy frame, the cursor advances again normally. At some point, something will make the cursor stop again.

Sound familiar? Just can't place it...

Dennis

I've never run into it, but my best guess is that some background process is taking over the CPU for short periods of time. Possibly a wireless network connection turned on with no wireless networks around to connect to? Such things keep on polling the area looking for wireless networks to connect to and can take over the CPU to the point that things will slow down, if not outright stop.

Other potential interruption causers could be internet programs or e-mail programs running in the background. Have him use ctrl-alt-del to turn off all but the most essential Windows processes.

Of course, if your friend is on a Mac, I have no clue what could be causing the problem.

--
David H. Bailey