Hi John,

As far as I can see, www.coil-binding.net doesn't sell 4:1 coils at any length other than 12".

I would be interested in a source for longer 4:1 coils if anyone knows of a good one.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

On 25 Sep 2007, at 11:29 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 9/25/07 10:19:44 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Could someone please explain if there is any brand affinity between the
hole puncher for coil binding and the coils themselves. Or can I get,
e.g., a CoilMac puncher and then use any brand of spiral coil with it?

I would prefer to get coils from the local Xpedx store, because I can
see exactly the size I want. But Xpedx is expensive for the punchers.

The only relationship necessary is that the coils must match the "pitch" of the machine. I think the CoilMac is generally 4:1 so the coils need to match that. Just a guess but the downside of buying the coils @ Xpedx is that you may be limited to the length that they stock (i.e. 11 in.). I get coils in 36 inch lengths so I have more options. I think I ordered them from (believe it or
not) www.Coil-Binding.net