John Howell wrote:
> Where I would look first is New Grove, and second in the CPE Bach
> book on keyboard playing.  Also possible, "The Interpretation of
> Early Music" by Robert Donnington.  I'll take a look later the
> afternoon if I have some free time.

I found it in the CPE by paging one at a time ... In the "Peformance" (not
"Embellishments", where I looked first), on page 156 in footnote 17. :)
Sounds kinda like the Hitchhiker's Guide: The notice to build the bypass
was "on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a
disused lavatory with the sign on the door saying 'Beward of the
Leopard.'"

Anyway, the number of dots under the slur (which extends from the note
like an l.v.) represent the number of times the fingers rock the note --
and that pretty much covers what I'm interested in doing, but I will
include an explanatory note and perhaps a modification or two to indicate
speeding up or slowing down the Bebung.

If you find something else, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Dennis