I decided to go ahead and move to VISTA, though not without many
headaches. FINALEs before 2007 have issues with a great deal of VISTA, not
to mention GPO and related apps.

I called (by mistake) FINSUPPORT to reset my licenses. In the course of
the discussion I noted a bit of "?" that I had not experienced before. I
say "?" because the tone in the voice was quite annoyed when I questioned
some of the "improvements" in 2008.

What have you people been saying to them?

;-)

Also, I like the "toys" that come with VISTA. There is an "activity"
monitor, and FINALE's big moves seem to peg the first X86 chip while the
second and the RAM are untouched. I haven't tried the "fast" flashdrive
for dumping certain routines. I'm not even sure that FINALE will be able
to access it.

I have always found two monitors a great help in my editing of
manuscripts. I now have a 22" wide monitor that I can pivot. It really
helps. Sadly, to have a pivot monitor from DELL, one must buy a $120 stand
that clips to one's worktable;-( I did have a real huge pivot monitor
several years ago. It tool a lot of software and misery, and space. This
one is nicer and about $800 cheaper with the swivel device;-)

Henry Howey
Professor of Music
  Sam Houston State University
  Box 2208