Matthew Hindson fastmail account wrote:
Aaron Sherber wrote:

2. I find it much more intuitive to select pitch first and then duration (Speedy) rather than duration first and then pitch (Simple). This is how we think when we write music by hand; the pen moves to the appropriate place on the staff, and then we write the value we want. We don't mentally select a half note, say, and then decide the pitch.

I agree 100%, and it's one of the big advantages Finale has over
Sibelius.  I asked on the Sibelius support site about this but it's not
possible.

I'm investigating using XML to enable note entry in Finale, and then
transferring the file over to Sibelius and going from there.  Too soon
to give any distinct pros/cons yet.  But I don't want to have to change
my entire method of thinking to suit a computer application.

(On a side note, there are some aggro types on the Sibelius chat site!
Maybe it's a by-product of the "why would you want to do that - you
should do it our way" mentality that Sibelius used to have in the old
days that has somehow filtered to some of their users)

Do you mean the chat site which is part of the Sibelius web-site? I don't like that group any more than I like the Finale forum which is part of the Finale web-site.

--
David H. Bailey