Thanks to Michael Good for calling attention to the Sibelius 5.1 upgrade. There
is also an upgrade for PhotoScore Lite. For those of you who plan to upgrade,
there are a couple of things you might want to be aware of:

1. The Sibelius 5.1 upgrade file for Windows is 350 MB. It took almost half an
hour to download via my Comcast broadband connection. They well ship a new DVD
free of charge to those who are concerned about the download size. The Mac
upgrade file is only 57 MB. Hint: If you run "Check for Updates" from withing
Sibelius 5.0, you won't to need to enter your serial number or login to the
help center. At least that's the way it worked on my Windows XP laptop.

2. Be sure to read the detailed installation instructions. On Windows, you need
to uninstall 5.0 via the Control Panel before you can install 5.1. On Mac, you
will need to re-register Sibelius after installing the upgrade. Because of
this, Mac users are advised to upgrade only during business hours if something
goes wrong and they need to call customer support.

I do wonder if those of you who've recently ordered the competitive upgrade
will get 5.0 or 5.1.

Wade