Hi Dennis,

> Does this mean that with Finale 2008 the Dolet 4 plug-in
> is not necessary to convert to Sibelius? I don't quite
> understand...

Finale 2008 saves in MusicXML 1.1 format, so you can take advantage of
most of the Sibelius 5.1 improvements in MusicXML import without any
additional software.

Finale 2007 and earlier save in MusicXML 1.0 format, which is pretty
much the feature set that Sibelius 5.0 was already supporting. So you
need Dolet 4 for Finale to take advantage of the Sibelius 5.1
improvements when exporting from these earlier Finale versions.

The Dolet 4 for Finale plug-in will always give the best results
overall. It should be a very noticeable difference for users of 2007
and earlier. For 2008 users, you will mainly notice the difference in
page-attached text and graphics support.

Best regards,

Michael Good
Recordare LLC
www.recordare.com