Um, special part extraction?

Richard Huggins wrote:
What am I not thinking of?

Solo, Sop, Alto, Ten, Bass staves, part of a grouping. There are 6 bars of rest, then only the men sing for awhile. So there are plenty of empty staves. Nothing I've tried will cause them to optimize.

* made sure all whole rests were default

* checked the group attributes --saw that it said "Optimize Only If All Staves Are Empty" Aha! I changed it to Optimize Normally. Applied optimization, no change. And when i look at Group Attributes again, it has changed itself back to its original setting. Why?

*checked individual staves to make sure opt. was allowed (it was)

I can't think of what I've overlooked. Help would be appreciated.

Richard
FINMAC 07