dc wrote:
I have a piece in C time AA'BB'. My source has both repeat signs for A in the middle of a measure. Would it make more sense to fill in the last measure of A to have both repeat signs agree with barlines?

Don't know if I'm stating this clearly.

There is a pickup bar. And then a repeat sign between beats 2 & 3 of m.1 and another one in the middle of m.8. I'm wondering if it would be better to shift both of these 2 beats to the right.

I see no reason to change the music to suit the convenience of the players -- anybody who can't read mid-measure repeats and perform them as easily as end-of-bar repeats needs to go back to music lessons.

I'd leave them just where you have them, if that's what the music needs.

--
David H. Bailey