I want to see 6/8 at sight so I don't miss it. My brain is old and I have to do a lot of sight reading :)

Richard Smith

Robert Patterson wrote:
I tend to prefer legibility over consistency. If there is quarter note
at the beginning of the bar, I would probably write 4 8r 4r 8. But if
there is only the 8th at the end of the bar I would probably write
4r-dot 8r 8r 8. Many reference books advocate not using dotted quarter
rests in 6/8, but I have come to disagree with them in many
situations.