You're right, there should be an easier way. I haven't had the need enough to find the fastest workaround, and I have found it irritating to create it, hide it, show it, and then hide it again. If I used it more, I might be motivated to explore it more thoroughly, but I've only dabbled with it, and then only out of necessity. I have enough on my hands right now keeping me from cursing the program more due to MM very user-unfriendly attitude of late.

J D  Thomas
ThomaStudios