The reason the speedy entry frame opens at the second measure form the left could be that you might have the speed entry frame appearing automatically when selecting that tool. That can be changed in Speedy Options. Do you have that set that way? If so, the frame is automatically appearing and then the trigger is somehow advancing it one more frame to the right possibly as a result of the trigger. Also, did you try to change the shortcut's trigger to see if indeed that had any effect on the shortcut's behavior? I'm just thinking out loud here to help you troubleshoot.

The trigger should NOT affect things from the shortcut. I can't remember offhand if QK has an option to append the trigger to the shortcut or not. If it does, I've never used it since that would be most irritating.

J D  Thomas
ThomaStudios