On 25/11/2007, Jari Williamsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Adam Golding wrote:
> > well he's what i found in the manual:
> >
> > "Human Playback interprets and performs articulations during playback
> > automatically. See Human
> >
> Playback<file:///H:/Program%20Files/Finale%202008/Help%20Files/Content/Finale/Human_Playback.htm>.
> > To hear manual changes to the MIDI playback definition of any
> > articulationyou must first set Human Playback to None in the Playback
> >
> Settings<file:///H:/Program%20Files/Finale%202008/Help%20Files/Content/Finale/Playback_Settings.htm>dialog
> > box."
> >
> > funny thing is, when i mess with the articulation playback definitions,
> it
> > *does* affect playback.. even though human playback is enabled.. eep!
>
> Yes, that statement from the manual is incorrect! You'll get the same
> articulation playback of for example staccati regardless of you're using
> HP or not.
>
> I have it from Robert P himself that artics isn't affected by HP at all,
> except from some incorporating of dynamics/phrasing for velocity-based
> instrument.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jari Williamsson

wow--so this means that tenutos actually ahve zero effect, and that unmarked
notes are always 100% of their duration.. well i'll be!  this also explains
why HP has no articulation options--my question now is--does anyone know of
a way to affect the duration of umarked notes?  in some performance styles
they should be detached or 'at the performer's discretion' most likley