Hi Dean,

Nearly $1700 with an academic discount. There are refurbished ones on Apple's site from time to time for a few dollars less, and they sometimes turn up on ebay and usually go for $1400 - 1500. I thought I was just indulging myself, because visitors to my studio admired my 24" Samsung (now looking for a home), and I thought this would just be a luxury. However, like computer speed, it only takes a couple of minutes to get used to the improvement. Not only better size, but also excellent resolution. I am working more quickly as a result. A big band score is visible in full size, and page layout for parts is larger than the printed page. Even seeing the page layout at 100% lets things slip by (on the screen) that you notice in print, but seeing things on the screen at something like 135% improves the chances (considerably) of catching errors before printing.

There's lots to recommend this, assuming you have the $. Samsung also makes a 30" for about $1300. I haven't seen it, but I was happy with the 24 until I made the switch. Apple displays may be overpriced for some applications, but design people love them.

Chuck