At 7:06 AM -0500 12/28/07, Adam Golding wrote:
Working on a harp piece in finale, two questions:

1. I can't get the G# at the top of the instrument's range to sound--i guess
this is just an error?  is there a way around it?

According to "Harp Scoring" by Stanley Chaloupka (yes, Alice, I ordered it immediately on your recommendation!) the range of a pedal harp is up to the written G, not G#. Yes, I realize the pedals should permit that G to be raised to a G#, but that's what he says.

Alice?

2. while improvising using MIDI thru, working on ideas, is there a way to
trigger harmonics? what midi message should my pedals send?

Someone already pointed out that you have to have samples of harmonics. You can't "trigger" samples you don't have.

John

--
John R. Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music