David W. Fenton wrote:
On 29 Jan 2008 at 15:25, Kim Patrick Clow wrote:

Score works only on older
versions of Windows (not supported by MS), so that's the reason they had
to move over to Sibelius.

Is that true? Yes, it's a DOS program, but I've seen it running in a DOS window under Win95, and think it unlikely it can't also be run under even Vista. MS has always maintained backward compatibility (a client of mine still uses a dBase II app compiled in 1982, and runs it on WinXP).

And I thought they'd been working on a Windows port for, oh, the last 15 years or so?

There's a neat little utility called DosBox which allows dos-only applications to run. It works wonderfully on WinXP. I don't have Vista so I don't know if it will work there.

I wonder if it will allow Score to run on newer versions of Windows.

--
David H. Bailey