Nope. Not pre-Tiger at all.

They also recommended, if the Disk Utility did not clear up the
problem, downloading the 10.4.11 combo update and to reinstall that.

Regardless, DiskUtility does find little things wrong, and it's not a
bad idea to run it if you start having issues. It is also a good idea
to boot into the shell (Apple-S on startup), and run fsck every now
and then, especially if things get wonky.

The Apple-S thing cleared up a strange DP5 saving thing I was getting,
as well as a strange, every now and then, spinning mouse in Finale. I
believe it found minor issues in the Volume Bit Map if I remember
correctly.