On 4-Feb-08, at 9:38 AM, themark wrote:

I say that because when you apply an expression you have the choice to apply it to all layers or to a certain layer only, leaving HP apart.
This does not happen with the articulation tool.

Actually, you can apply it to all layers simultaneously if you drag around the notes while holding down the B key (B is the metatool assigned by default for the comma breath mark.) Clicking while holding the B key will only assign it to the note in the active layer.

Christopher

(I hope this was the case in 2006! I know it is true in 2007 and 2008)