On Feb 9, 2008, at 2:47 PM, Robert Florence wrote:

For jazz writers,

I have a 300 bar score for 5 trumpets, 5 trombones, 6 woodwinds and piano, bass, guitar and drums. Much of the piano is written out. How long would it take you to complete this task? This is only for a score. I'll get into "part hell" later.

Depends on how dense, how many unisons/homophonic passages, how many articulations, expressions, drum hits, altered notation, etc. I have done something this size in as little as a 6-8 hours, or as much as a week.

Christopher