Hi Chris,

Renamer4Mac:

http://www.power4mac.com/renamer/

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

On 14 Mar 2008, at 3:06 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

Hi all, especially those who are FTP literate,

I had a friend set up an FTP site for me so I could upload PDFs of charts that a band out of town could download at their leisure with their browsers. He told me not use spaces in the filenames. Oops, about 200 files were already created, WITH spaces (as Finale defaults to on Mac).

I tested it out, though, and everything uploaded and downloaded correctly for me, even with spaces. He said that he sometimes runs into problems with files with spaces, especially leading spaces, and it is better to be safe than sorry. I and he are both on Macs, so maybe it is a Windows issue.

Does anyone know if I am safe operating like this? I don't use any filenames with leading spaces. And if not, do you know of a utility that would strip the spaces out of a batch of filenames and replace them with underscores for me if I run into problems?

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry I don't understand the issues better.

Christopher