Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 09:00:25 -0400
From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Finale] Interesting bit of spam this morning...
To: finale@shsu.edu

I got a "music typesetting" spam from India, and decided to have a look at the document:

  <http://printclassicalmusic.com/files/sample.pdf>

The document properties show no music fonts, and it being done in Adobe Illustrator. A big magnification shows that the symbols like sharps and flats are individually built.

They have probably been converted to outline first in Illustrator.

Anybody ever try this program? It's command line, like Score.

Anyway, there are no rates on the spammer's webpage. I wonder... are we endangered? :)

I wouldn't say so from the quality of the output at its present stage.

However I have wondered why there aren't more Indians teaching themselves Finale and Sibelius and offering their services.

Matthew