Hiro wrote:
For all those years, I was holding Shift to draw a straight crescendo/
decrescendo.  I didn't know straight is default now.  When did it
change?  Now with FinMac2008b, I can't draw angled crescendo/
decrescendo.  The manual sez 'Drag this handle to change angle" but that
handle changes pointer to horizontal stretch only.

It is possible that your program options have changed. Go to Program Options (Command-,) and under the Edit settings, look at the Moveable Items section of the dialogue box. "Automatically Constrain Dragging (Press Shift to Temporarily Disable)" is probably checked. I like this setting, but it might not be what you are used to. I used to hold down the Shift key for all my horizontal shapes and lines, but when Robert Patterson told me many years ago that he used the automatic constraints, I realized that most of the time that is also what I wanted. Now I have to remember to use Shift when I want to go on a diagonal.

-Randolph Peters