I have a friend who sings in a non-professional choir and he would like to buy a Windows platform notation program that is inexpensive (say, less than $100US) and easy to use. He would be using it mostly for 4-part choral music (including lyrics) with keyboard accompaniment. He does not have a MIDI keyboard, so he'd like to use the computer keyboard for note input, if possible.

I'm not up on the various incarnations of Finale (Allegro, PrintMusic, Songwriter) and Sibelius (Student), so I'm not sure what to recommend. Any suggestions -- not just Finale and Sibelius products -- would be much appreciated.

TIA

Paul Hayden

Magnolia Music Press
6319 Riverbend Blvd.