If all you have is the file, MIDI may be your best choice, or you might find a Sibelius user who will print the file to PDF and return it to you so you can scan it. If you want, contact me privately and I'll do that for you.

If you have Sibelius, you could buy the Music XML plug in from Recordare <http://www.recordare.com/default.asp> to convert the file to Finale's format. This is your best choice. Otherwise you might find a Sibelius user with the Music XML plug in to convert it for you or you might try printing the file and then scanning.

Hope that helps
Richard Smith
http://www.rgsmithmusic.com

Eric Fiedler wrote:
I know this has been discussed many times on this list, but ...
A client has just sent us a huge Sibelius file to be worked on. What is the best way to get it into Finale with as much detail as possible being saved in the transition? (so a MIDI-solution would only be a solution if all else fails ...) Thanks in advance for any bits of collective wisdom you could send this way.
Eric

Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler)
www.habsburgerverlag.de