David Froom wrote:
How about linked parts now allowing the breaking up of tutti parts (that is, two parts on a single line in score being represented in the linked parts as two separate parts). That alone had me avoiding using linked parts altogether. They seem to have fixed other things in linked parts that would mean not having to have a separate score for parts -- though why they allow unlinking of enharmonic changes is beyond me, as every conductor I know wants to see exactly what the players see.

That is a great idea.

The "fixed" engraver slurs with the promise of true WYSIWYG, the changing of the dynamics on the fly, dragging dynamics to new notes making them reassign, easy cross-staff notation in piano writing, the expanded contextual (right click or contrl-click) menu, the sorting of expressions, the multiple page editing, improved Garritan -- these all seem significant to me. Also allowing VST/SmartSynth instruments alongside Garritan. Maybe I finally can use Finale for decent audio playback (if I can only work out an easy way to do orchestral percussion).

The stuff for educators (Smart Music, boomwhackers) seems silly to me. Finale is overkill for these folks. Also, working with or recording an audio file also seems like a dumb addition. For that, I would use DP or ProTools, since the MIDI in both of them is vastly more easily controlled and tweaked. But they must have had requests for all of these.
SmartMusic is ok. Biggest complaint there is the sound quality. And you still cannot, it seems, make your own SmartMusic files with real audio in them.

Boomwhackers is lame. I use the TGTools Add Pitch Names ALL THE TIME for educational things.