Hi all,

Windows question.

Normally I do my file and drive backups with ordinary file copying (using
a utility called ViceVersa) to removable USB drives.

Windows XP SP3 just appeared this morning as a push update from MS.

Before installing it SP3, I want a 'real' backup of that drive. Although
all the SP3 docs look like I'm safe, there have been some unhappy reports
about the results, especially with AMD processors (which I have).

I've never actually had a problem with MS updates (lucky me), and I've
been upgrading hardware and software on my main desktop since 1993 and
Windows 3.1 (the floppy drive is the only original part left). The Windows
XP upgrade was done using a full version, and it went smoothly -- but ya
nevah know.

So what do folks use who have actually had to restore their boot drive?
I'm leery of Norton software, but Ghost seems popular. Does it work? I've
also taken a peek at Acronis True Image which looks good.

Many thanks,
Dennis