Robert Patterson wrote

 > Now, about those Staff Lists. MM made a mess of Staff Lists with a
copying bug they introduced in Fin08, and (apparently) to punish us for their mistake, they have limited us to exactly 4 Staff Lists in Fin09, no more, no less. That's usually about all I need: All Staves, Top Staff, Bottom Staff, and Tempo Staves. I'm not sure if one can change the names of the 4 to be those names. If not, you are stuck with whatever arbitrary names they come with. If you need more Staff Lists than that you are out of luck. (I consider to this to be an egregious artificial limit, and I would encourage other Fin09 user who thinks so to let MM know as well.)

Oh my goodness, what a great way to wreck a powerful feature.

I use staff lists all the time, and a multitude of them. For example, say you want a boxed expression for all the string parts to appear above the Violin I part only in the score, but in all the string parts. Or a "Score in C" marking above the Piccolo only in the score - in none of the parts. How in hell can you do that under this new system? A convoluted and time-consuming collection of 'Hide/Show' clicks I suppose. Jesus Christ - as if I don't have enough to do in my life.

Can you alter the "Tempo Staves" staff list if needs be?  Can it be edited?

Why does Makemusic make such things worse, rather than better. Do they not consider that some of their users may be power users who may NEED these features? For whom such powerful possibilities are the reason why Finale is so flexible, i.e. a valid reason not to switch to Sibelius?

The worst thing seems to be that I will have to upgrade to Finale 09 to fix the @[EMAIL PROTECTED] non-WYSIWYG slurs, but lose features in the process.

I've just about had it with Finale. If only Sibelius had a means by which one could select pitch then rhythm when entering notes, I would change over (and join the rest of Australia in the process).

Matthew.