From: Darcy James Argue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 17:54:48 -0400
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Subject: Re: [Finale] Unusual Notation: Anyone know how to do this with
Finale?

> I have no idea how much of that -- if any -- is possible in Finale
> Allegro.

I'm not sure it is, either. Just thought I'd ask. In any event, I've found a
pretty decent work-around. Not exactly the same notation as the original but
the intent is clear:

http://homepage.mac.com/btr1701/FileSharing15.html

> If you are interested in this kind of notation, you should
> really upgrade to the full version of Finale.

I've been considering it. Up till now, I've never run into anything that I
wanted to do that was beyond Allegro's abilities.

If I do decide to upgrade, how does the process work? Is Finale a separate
application or does the updater just change the Allegro app by adding the
extra coding/functionality? Is there a significant difference between the
two-- can someone who is reasonably proficient with Allegro just jump right
into using Finale without needing to learn a whole new way of doing things?