Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2008, at 12:28 PM, Christopher Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

On Aug 24, 2008, at 2:39 PM, Ryan Beard wrote:

Hi List,
I can't get a multi-measure rest to appear in a two-bar first ending of a linked. The measure attributes are set so that a rest should appear, but even after I select the bars and choose to create a multi-measure rest, Finale still keeps individual bars of rest. I've even extracted the part from the score (thinking it had something to do with the linked part), but that didn't work.
Amy I missing something here? Is this a known bug?
Ryan

Ryan,

Hmm, weird. This behaves itself on my system (Mac OS 10.4, Finale 2009)

Did you select the measures, go to Edit menu>Multimeasure Rests>Create?

If this doesn't work, then make sure the measures are REALLY empty (no REAL whole rests showing up; they look just like the default ghost rests, but they prevent multimeasure rests from forming. Delete the contents just to make sure.)

Then check any expressions that may be in the measures and make sure that their attributes are not set to Break Multimeasure Rest.

After this, it may be corruption. Copy the contents to a new file and see if the problem copies along with the contents. If it does, I would suspect an expression or actual contents that you may have missed.

The only problems I have had involve the right-hand brackets sometimes disappearing when I create multimeasure rests in first endings, and sometimes I can't select the left-hand bracket in that circumstance, either.

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

Adjusting repeat brackets over mm rests is often problematic. I find that if I have made changes to the default positioning of the bracket ends in the score, I will need to remove the mm rest within the bracket to make the adjustments in the parts and then recreate the rest.

Chuck