On Aug 24, 2008, at 8:40 PM, Jane Frasier wrote:

I am engraving a composition for full orchestra plus SATB. The customer has asked for the score on 8.5 x 11" paper. At that size everything is so tiny I can't imagine it would be readable. What size of page do you use?

Up to 12 staves I use letter size; above that I use tabloid. I put choral scores on 8.5 x 7" paper (i.e. legal size, folded) if at all possible; if not, I use letter size.

I have seen lots of recent choral scores printed on 8.5 x 11". What do you think?

Yes, it is commonplace. The most important thing is to keep expenses down, since choral scores normally sell at prices comparable to an extracted instrumental part.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/