One possible explanation the researchers offer for the musicians' elevated use of both brain hemispheres is that many musicians must be able to use both hands independently to play their instruments.

this is absolutely brilliant. i bet they could get the same results from guys who every morning scratch their gonads with their left hand while -- AT THE SAME TIME!!!! -- brushing their teeth with the right hand.

christ, i want some of that research money. where can i get me some? i got some things involving my left and right hands i've been meaning to "study" for some time now...