At 08:31 PM 10/6/2008, Lawrence David Eden wrote:
>I am doing a transcription that needs a special measure number.  The
>situation is this:
>
>I have measure 108 and I need to add measure 108a as a safety vamp
>during the show.  How is this done?  I want the measure numbers to
>begin again at measure 109....

You don't say what version of Finale you're using. If you're using Fin2007 or later, select the measure tool and double-click the measure you want to be 108a. Under Options, uncheck Include in Measure Numbering. Now Finale will skip this measure; the one before will be 108, and the one after will be 109.

I don't think Finale can actually display a measure number with numbers and letters, like 108a, so you'll probably have to create a measure expression and attach it to that measure.

If you're using an earlier version of Finale, you'll need to create a second measure number region. Select the measure tool, and do Measure | Measure Numbers | Edit Regions. You probably only have one region defined. Select it, and set it to include measures 1 through 108. Then click the Add button. Define this second measure to include measures 110 through 999, and set First Measure in Region to 109. You now have 2 measure regions, leaving out the 109th measure. Again, you'll probably need a measure expression to get 108a on that measure.

Aaron.