Hi,

thanks for this very useful answer. I would love to see your handout if
you can share it with me.

Educational score...well a semipro or a pro wouldn't of course use my
voicings...or let's say I hope they don't ;-)

But yes, my arrangements are intended to sound as good as possible but be
possible to play also by amateur bands. That is; as precice instructions
as possible, voicing suggestions, not too many special instruments (like
sax section where all five are expected to play flute or clarinet etc),
not too complicated rhythm figures, avoid places needing a dedicated
conductor etc...

Also often, there are often stand-in people at gigs and my experience is
that the reasonably simple pieces are the ones that sounds best with many
stand-in:s. If we proceed to the studio it would be another thing.

The idea about modifying a multimeasure rest with text instructions is
actually a very good idea...or it might be for some parts I think. But I
also agree on the drawbacks that you outline.

I'll do some more thinking...

Thanks again!
/D