Thanks. I have tried Sibelius several times over the years. The recent version
is the first one I feel I could live with. In fact I really like a lot of what
I see. We set up a list of things that Sibelius must be able to do for us to
even consider a cross-grade. We downloaded the demo and compared. On almost all
counts, Sib showed itself to be as good or better than Finale. Finale is
probably still better than Sibelius in some areas, bur most of these are of
little interest to us as far as we can tell. There are 2 things about Sibelius
that we don't like at present.
One is slash notation. Finales staff styles are vastly superior. The other
aspect is something that we might get used to in time. This is the order of
input: first duration, then note/chord. Have you gotten used to this?