I'll check, but this book seems to be centered around Festivals related to
coronations and other occassions for nobility and royality. If I find
anything I'll let you know. Oh I heard your Haydn Trios CD, very nice ;)

Thanks
Kim

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Johannes Gebauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Very interesting! Does it happen to have any images of string quartets in
> it?
>
> Johannes
>

> On 13.11.2008 Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
>
>> A friend has let me borrow a book called "Musical Ensembles in Festival
>> Books: 1500 - 1800." by Edmund A. Bowles. It must have hundreds of
>> woodcuts
>> and drawings from original sources, that I've never seen before-- and I've
>> read a lot of music history books. It's really impressive.  I was told the
>> study of musical iconography is an area of study, primarily in Germany,
>> where many similiar type of books are printed in four color ink (they must
>> be *very* expensive). Would anyone on the list know about specific titles?
>> would love to find more information.

Kim Patrick Clow
"Early Music enthusiasts think outside the Bachs!"