All I can tell you is that a few years ago I attempted to install Finale
2001 on a Linux machine using Wine and was unsuccessful.  It installed
fine, but I couldn't get the fonts to work.  Just now I attempted to
install 2001 again on a machine running Ubuntu 8.10 and it runs
perfectly, the fonts showing and all (MIDI playback doesn't seem to
work, but that's not unexpected).

One thing I had to do to install it that I had to figure out on my own
was instead of referencing the install program by its absolute path
(wine /media/Finale2001/SETUP.EXE), I had to use "wine D\:\\SETUP.EXE".

With newer versions of Finale, you may experience issues trying to
install and run it with wine, but older versions may work better.