Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
Thanks Dennis, do you know if this is a copyrighted symbol (I doubt
that is, but just curious) or the origin of it?
I don't know whether the image you link to is copyright, or not. Best way to determine that would be to ask. My own inclination would be to assume that it is. An image search using the parameters "Bach symbol", and "B-A-C-H symbol" show his monogram, <http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~tas3/monogram.gif> which is much more in tune with what I would have expected from Bach's time than the crossed staves with four clefs. But I am not, and do not claim to be an expert on the development of music iconography.

ns