On 1/30/2009 5:12 PM, David Rhodes wrote:
In Finale 2k9b when I try to hide notes or rest with the plug-in or H key it
only dims them.. I attach
Chord Symbols to rest and then hide them to leave the symbols to use as guides.
 The earlier versions completly
hid rest until you revealed them again.. How do you hide rest completely in
2009 windows?

They are hidden -- that is, they won't print. They show up gray on screen to remind you that something is there.

You can change how light they appear on screen by going to Program Options | View and changing the value for Hidden Object Shading (0=invisible, 100=black). You can also hide them by unchecking View | Show | Hidden Notes and Rests.

I generally recommend using the second method. The reason is that I sometimes use invisible expressions to do things like change tempo or instruments. Changing the Hidden Options Shading to 0 will hide expressions as well, and then I'll never find them. Unchecking Hidden Notes and Rests, however, will only affect notes and rests and will leave non-printing expressions displayed as gray.

Aaron.